Last update: 29 September 2018
WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED
When you access the Website, we will collect certain information about you during your visit. Data is collected through a number of channels including:
- Subscription to electronic newsletters: Your email address (compulsory) and name/screen name(optional);
- Shop Transactions: Your name, email address, mailing address, billing information and payment source;
- Users’ Comments: Your name/screen name, email address, website url (if any) and comment. Please note that by posting a comment on this Website which is on public domain, you consent to the posting of any personal information that you provide. You need to be aware that such personal information can be read, collected, or used by other visitors. Discover.Book.Travel has no control over how other visitors collect and use your data/information.
We may use the information collected in one or more of the following ways:
- Communicate with you via newsletters and emails about information and promotional offers related to the context of this Website;
- Respond to your comments;
- Process commercial transactions and provide customer support;
- Aggregate data and study users’ trends and usage in order to bring about an improvement on the overall experience of this Website;
- Personalize and provide advertisements, related products or features that match users’ profile or interests.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
INFORMATION SHARING & DISCLOSURE
Discover.Book.Travel will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Your information is protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas of our websites, as identified on the site, Discover.Book.Travel may use industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access through access control procedures and physical security measures.
VISITORS’ GDPR RIGHTS
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the general data protection regulation.
These rights include:
- requesting access to your data that the Website stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- seeking restrictions on the processing of your data.
- Objecting to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- To the extent that you provided consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the general data protection regulation.
Should you wish to have your information deleted, please fill up this form to submit a request.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF THIRD PARTY SITES
Discover.Book.Travel has included external links (Third Party Sites) on our Website. However, Discover.Book.Travel is not responsible for the privacy policies of these sites. The privacy policies of these sites may differ from that of Discover.Book.Travel and visitors are encouraged to refer to them.
Discover.Book.Travel has affiliate relationships with some companies mentioned on this Website, and may receive a small commission if you book or purchase goods or services via the links on this website. However, there is no added cost to you.